2/24/07

Waverly Seven!...


Alright, now that I've alienated everyone who's ever stopped at this blog by going a zillion years between posts, I'll begin anew. Since my grandmother is the only one still looking in, (Hi Mamoo!) Okay, I managed to land this great job of designing and Illustrating Waverly Seven's inaugural album, YO! BOBBY. These guys, and gal, are incredible musicians and they've put together a double CD with beautiful jazz interpretations of Bobby Darin songs. I'll add a link to their site in the links bar, you can pop in and take a peek as well as hear a couple of the tracks. This is the cover and over the next week or two, I'll be posting bits on the process of making this thing, I can only hope that my blog friends will return to see it. It was such a great time to work on this, everyone involved is just as top flight as they come. Much Thanks to Colin, Anat, Avishai, Joel, Manuel, Jason, Barak and Daniel, you're all fantastic!

5 Comments:

Blogger K.B. said...

Welcome back brother. I've been anxiously awaiting your return. I've taken a bit of a break myself with the birth of my daughter. Can't wait to see the stages of this cool peice.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Ryan Wood said...

Hey Chris, good to see a new post! That cover is terrific, love that retro-lookin' sign. I'll have to check that band out.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Urban Barbarian said...

Too cool! You're great drawing mixed with your lettering sense is a deadly tool in a box already filled with powerful tricks!

Great piece!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Chris Gardner said...

Dan, you do realize that I'm quoting your comment when my first art book comes out, thank you sir! And thanks Ryan! Kevin, I need another K-Blog piece before too long my friend...

12:29 PM  
Blogger K.B. said...

Oh man,..you can't just give us a morsel then disapear again. C'mon,...more Gardner goodness. Somethin. (By the way,..i started posting again regularly if you want to swing by.)

Hope all is well-K.B.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter