9/7/06

Curves...


There's a book that comes out once a year called "Aphrodisia" which is an "Art of the female form" sort of book. I stumbled across the site during the call for entries the first time around. I completed this piece for it, but alas, it wasn't chosen, and I think the deadline for book 2 is now over. I'll be gunning at book 3 when the competition starts again. Here's a link in case anybody around here wants to send something along in the future... http://www.aristatapublishing.com/ ... I was really happy with the outcome of this artwork though and I've got a series of pieces in the works along these lines.

6 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Hi Chris!

I really love the colours and the simplicity of this piece. Your linework is fantastic. I will definitely be checking back.

Thank you very much for adding me to you links too. My name looks all out of place listed up there with crazy-awesome artists like James Jean and Peirre Alary :)

-Sarah

4:07 PM  
Blogger Chris Gardner said...

Thanks Sarah, I appreciate the compliment, I'm slowly working on a handful of pieces like this one, I'll post 'em when I finish. I'm glad you'll be stopping in, comments are always nice. Again, great stuff! Also, I changed the link from "Sarah's sketches" to your full name so that James and Pierre can see who they're dealing with. ;)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Than you Chris|

I love you strong lines...your pieces are full of energies but still elegants...

I'll back to see more from you!

--Ste

9:38 AM  
Blogger K.B. said...

Nice curves , nice ink.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Chris Gardner said...

Thank you good sirs!

1:38 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Ha ha, thanks! Cool that you are working on more like this post... I really look forward to seeing them :)

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter