9/1/06

33 Bugsacks!


Being the illustrator at House Industries is a fantastic thing. The place is loaded with talent and I've grown more as an artist with these guys (and gals) than I could have in a lifetime without them. Now that House33 has hit... (see House33.com for details) ... I get to do artwork for clothing, packaging, toys etc. (I must note, all House33 and House Industries artwork on this blog ©2006 House Industries/Brand Design Co. Inc.) Art Director Andy Cruz concocted the simple idea of illustrating the established "33" logotype in all kinds of interesting ways, so here's some guts and warts and nasty drippings to look at. My wife hates it. It's long since sold out so thankfully somebody likes it. Plenty more "33's" to come. Now all I need is for one of these super-talented Ryan Wood types to paint it up nice...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Wood said...

I'd be honored to paint such a fine drawing, in fact I did start painting it, and my wife said--"EWWWww, what's that?" Fine work, man!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Chris Gardner said...

I got an "Eeeew, that's gross!" when I first brought the drawing home. Wives the world over are screaming Eeewww it seems. I can't wait to see what you'll do with it! What's a guy need to do to see it in stages? That way a Painter novice like myself can try and decipher the technique...

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Jim Phillips, I love it!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter